Location: Kigali, Rwanda | Deadline for Applications: September 30, 2019
Bridges to Prosperity (B2P) is an international non-governmental organization that specializes in the design and construction of pedestrian footbridges. We are seeking a motivated and thorough multitasker with exceptional communication and time management skills to join our Rwanda Program as the Rwanda Accounts Assistant. This position reports directly to the Rwanda Program Accountant.
- Prepare payments to vendors and record expense transactions
- Manage petty cash disbursements with staff
- Work with staff to ensure collection of EBM receipts
- Collect and file staff expense receipts
- Assist with preparation of schedules and support for external audits
- Liaise with bank to request and collect additional cheques as needed
- Load fuel cards for vehicles and record monthly usage to bridge projects
- Prepare monthly Airtime top-ups for staff
- Monitor vehicle insurance renewal
- Assist Program Accountant with miscellaneous tasks as requested
- Provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed
- Perform miscellaneous administrative tasks to support Rwanda as requested
- 3 years experience as an accountant
- Experience with international organizations a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency in Financial Edge, Quickbooks or other relevant financial management software a plus
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Fluent written and spoken English
- A positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
The position is based in Kigali, Rwanda
The position requires ability to climb stairs to second floor office.
Sound like you? Tell us a bit more about yourself below by 9/30/19 by submitting a cover letter and resume in a single combined PDF.
We have seen firsthand the benefits of a diverse team, and the strength that comes with diversity in experience, background, and perspective. We strongly encourage applications from individuals that would bring a unique or underrepresented perspective to our organization.