Location: Denver, CO
Bridges to Prosperity (B2P) is a growing international non-governmental organization that specializes in the design and construction of pedestrian footbridges. We are looking for a Junior Accountant with a desire to learn, grow, and help us fulfill our mission of creating connection. This individual would be responsible for our day to day accounting activity, assisting with the month end close process, and supporting other special projects.
This individual will provide support and interact with staff in the United States and abroad. A passion for learning new things, meeting people from different cultures, and exercising your communication skills is important. This role is based in our headquarters office in Denver, CO.
- Full cycle accounts payable weekly; process vendor invoices, reimbursements and payments via check, ACH, or wire
- Full cycle accounts receivable weekly; prepare and record sponsorship invoices and process all cash receipts
- Record weekly donations and reconcile with donor database monthly
- Process all cash activity including inter office cash transfers, bank fees, and interest
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts
- Prepare credit card reports for staff and corresponding journal entries
- Review all program expenses for accuracy and proper coding and prepare journal entries
- Prepare standard monthly journal entries
- Process benefits payments
- Prepare annual 1099s
- Assist with annual audits by preparing supporting schedules
- Accounting degree or 1-2 years full cycle accounting experience
- Not for profit experience is preferred
- Basic understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Intermediate to advanced level skills with Excel
- Experience with various accounting and CRM software, preferably Financial Edge and SalesForce
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong concern for accuracy and attention to detail
- Discretion handling and communicating sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
This full-time position is based at Bridges to Prosperity’s headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
Sound like you? Tell us a bit more about yourself below by submitting a cover letter and resume in a single combined PDF.
We have seen firsthand the benefits of a diverse team, and the strength that comes with diversity in experience, background, and perspective. We strongly encourage applications from individuals that would bring a unique or underrepresented perspective to our organization.