Deadline for Applications: November 29, 2019
The Global Health, Safety and Welfare (HSW) Manager will work with Bridges to Prosperity staff in HQ and field offices to develop, implement, and enforce the organizations Health and Safety Program. This position will be responsible for creating an agile program that ensures the wellbeing of all of our stakeholder’s while supporting the growth and impact of the organization. This will require aspects of both project and people management, creating standardized systems, frameworks, and policies across geographic markets.
- Define and disseminate Bridges to Prosperity’s culture of safety within all field programs
- Update, implement, and manage Bridges to Prosperity’s health and safety policy, protocols and standardized field safety documentation to provide an industry leading health and safety program
- Ensure alignment between Bridges to Prosperity’s global health and safety policy and legislative requirements within program countries. This requires maintaining positive and proactive working relationships with Program Directors, Managers and Safety personnel in each of our country programs
- Provide leadership and guidance for country program safety team members
- Perform Health and Safety audits to ensure team members understand, and are following, the Health and Safety policy and protocols. Present findings of these audits to the organization’s leadership team
- Using information from safety reporting and audits, identify incident trends and risks within the program. Develop new processes to mitigate incidents and risks to create a healthier and safer work environment for all staff
- Manage, update and take responsibility for the Safety Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Work with key advisors to ensure best practice health, safety, and welfare initiatives are adopted
- Monitor and provide guidance to HQ and International Field Teams relating to safety and security concerns as they arise
- As required, support team members in responding to urgent and emergency events, in line with Bridges to Prosperity’s response protocols
- Manage and coordinate trainings related to Health and Safety for all employees
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- 5+ years’ experience in Health, Safety, Environmental (HSE) management within the construction industry
- Formal qualifications in HSE management. Strong consideration will also be given to applicants with Civil Engineering or Construction Management qualifications if they have experience in construction health and safety
- Demonstrated ability to implement and influence cultural change including setting strategic direction for HSE policy, management level communications, and training
- Experience performing and implementing the findings of risk assessments and safety audits
- Strong understanding of health and safety legislation and best practice, in particular OSHA, International Labor Organization (ILO) or equivalent
- Ability to lead, motivate, and obtain cooperation and/or support from superiors, peers and employees in an international team environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- HSE accreditations/training such as; certified safety professional, working at heights, incident reporting and investigation, organizational HSE.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve complex problems with minimal guidance
- Creative, energetic and self-motivated
- Passion for Bridges to Prosperity’s mission
This position will initially be based in Denver, Colorado but will be required to travel regularly to field programs in Bolivia, Rwanda, and Uganda.
Sound like you? Tell us a bit more about yourself below by 11/29/19 by submitting a personalized cover letter and resume in a single combined PDF.
We have seen firsthand the benefits of a diverse team, and the strength that comes with diversity in experience, background, and perspective. We strongly encourage applications from individuals that would bring a unique or underrepresented perspective to our organization.