Location: Denver, CO
Bridges to Prosperity (B2P) is an international non-governmental organization that specializes in the design and construction of pedestrian footbridges. We are on the hunt for a responsible Bookkeeper to round out our finance team. This individual would be responsible for our day to day accounting activity and assist with the month end close process.
- Full cycle accounts payable weekly; process vendor invoices, reimbursements and payments via check, ACH, or wire
- Full cycle accounts receivable weekly; prepare and record sponsorship invoices and process all cash receipts
- Record weekly donations and reconcile with donor database monthly
- Process all cash activity including inter office cash transfers, bank fees, and interest
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts
- Prepare credit card reports for staff and prepare corresponding journal entries
- Review all program expenses for accuracy and proper coding and prepare journal entries
- Prepare standard monthly journal entries
- Process benefits payments
- Prepare annual 1099s
- Assist with annual audits by preparing supporting schedules
- Accounting degree or minimum of 5 years full cycle accounting experience
- Not for profit experience is preferred
- Basic understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Intermediate to advanced level skills with Excel
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and be detail oriented
- Discretion handling and communicating sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform reconciliations of all types
- Experience with various accounting and CRM software, preferably Financial Edge and SalesForce
This full-time position is based at Bridges to Prosperity’s headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
Sound like you? Tell us a bit more about yourself below by 10/31/19 by submitting a cover letter and resume in a single combined PDF.
We have seen firsthand the benefits of a diverse team, and the strength that comes with diversity in experience, background, and perspective. We strongly encourage applications from individuals that would bring a unique or underrepresented perspective to our organization.