Location: Bolivia | Deadline for Applications: March 31, 2019
Bridges to Prosperity (B2P) is an international non-governmental organization that specializes in the design and construction of pedestrian footbridges. We are seeking a motivated, dynamic and highly capable Industry Program Liaison to support our Bolivia Program.
As the Industry Liaison, you will coordinate all ground logistics for visiting teams of international volunteers. Additionally, you will act as the main point of contact between local communities and the Industry Coordinator. You will support the Industry Program by providing logistic information about housing and travel details to travel teams, as well as coordinate any improvements communities need in order to receive the teams. Additionally, you will act as translator between the industry team and the community.
- Support the Industry Coordinator to prepare for the arrival of the Industry teams including accommodation, meals, vehicle hire, tool inventories and site preparation
- Accompany the team throughout their time in-country, assisting them to organize off site logistics or resolve any problems which may arise
- Organize activities between local communities and Industry teams
- Act as a translator between international Brigade members, B2P team, Local Government and local community members
- Promote B2P’s culture of safety and quality both on and off the bridge site, with responsibility for the reporting of safety items and adhering to Bridges to Prosperity safety protocols and procedures
- Other general tasks as requested
- Experience hosting international groups/brigades
- Fluent written and spoken English and Spanish
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Gmail
- Professional and detail-oriented communication and organizational skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative, energetic and self-motivated, with a proven track record of taking initiative and problem solving
- Passion for B2P’s mission and international non-profit work
- Driver’s License (preferable but not required)
This is a full-time position. The successful candidate will split their time between Cochabamba, where they will be based to execute administrational duties prior to the team’s arrival, and in the field during the industry team’s time in-country. The liaison will accompany the team during their time in-country, working seven days per week and living on site for the two-week duration of their stay. The successful candidate will be compensated with time off following each Industry team build.