Location: Kigali, Rwanda | Deadline for Applications: September 30, 2019
Bridges to Prosperity (B2P) is an international non-governmental organization that specializes in the design and construction of pedestrian footbridges. We are seeking a monitoring and evaluation specialist to manage monitoring and evaluation activities for B2P’s East Africa programs. This individual would be responsible for program implementation, research support, and helping to drive, the organization’s objectives related to evidence and analytics within its East Africa programs.
Monitoring Program Implementation
- Implement existing monitoring systems according to organization metrics and protocols, and oversee monitoring activities related to social impact and operational effectiveness
- Implement monitoring systems to meet metric-tracking requirements of stakeholders, including funders and government partners
- Evaluate and strengthen existing monitoring and evaluation initiatives, and evaluate and pursue new opportunities and initiatives to collect, process, and share data to gain new insights
- Oversee field survey programs
- Support analysis and reporting on results of monitoring activities
- Ensure quality of all program data by conducting audits of collected data and data collection practices
- Ensure that all program data and collection initiatives meet the legal and ethical standards of Bridges to Prosperity and the countries in which it operates
- Liaise with existing research partners
- Provide data and logistical support to research partners, and provide context and guidance as needed
Management and Training
- Hire, train, and manage monitoring and evaluation staff in Bridges to Prosperity’s Rwanda and Uganda programs
Systems Training and Support
- Support implementation of operational data collection systems, including inspection, maintenance, and quality control initiatives
- Support database management and reporting through dashboards
- Lead training on operational and impact data collection systems for B2P Africa program staff
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Kinyarwanda, Luganda, or French a plus
- Professional experience in a monitoring and evaluation position responsible for implementing monitoring and evaluation activities of international development projects
- Demonstrated success in implementing and operating project monitoring and evaluation systems from project initiation to closeout stages
- Knowledge of evaluation methodologies and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience in planning and managing survey programs
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to enumerators
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strategic thinker who is able to work independently
- Ability to work harmoniously in culturally diverse settings
This position is based in Kigali, Rwanda, and requires frequent travel to Uganda, and travel throughout remote regions of Rwanda and Uganda.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover as a single combined PDF, along with 1-2 examples of previously completed or published work, or a writing sample.
We have seen firsthand the benefits of a diverse team, and the strength that comes with diversity in experience, background, and perspective. We strongly encourage applications from individuals that would bring a unique or underrepresented perspective to our organization.