Communications & Donor Development InternLocation: Denver, CO | Start Date: Summer 2013 | Salary: Unpaid Internship
Bridges to Prosperity is seeking an exceptional, details-oriented, and committed intern interested in non-profit donor development, marketing and social media. Ideal candidate would be an upper-level undergraduate, recent college student, or graduate-level college student interested in hands-on experience in international nonprofit development.
- Support Director of Grants & Administration and Executive Director in research of prospective donors, including individuals, foundations, corporations, etc.
- Participate in social media strategy and contribute to online and print communication material
- Assist in donor acknowledgment and monitoring fundraising websites for donations
- Enter data and update contact and donor tracking databases, including Donor Tools
- Generate articles/information for monthly Mail Chimp newsletter updates for B2P supporters
- Monitor social media presence as well as press-hits online and in media.
- Other general development support duties as assigned
- Experience and/or knowledge of working in a nonprofit environment.
- Be an upper-level undergraduate or graduate level student.
- Exceptional, professional, and details-oriented organizational skills.
- Creative, energetic, and self-motivated, a proven track-record of taking initiative and problem solving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and other software and internet based databases
- Advanced knowledge of social media tools, including Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Fluent, flawless English and professional e-mail etiquette and work habits.
- Passion for Bridges to Prosperity’s mission and international non-profit work.
- Flexible schedule, working 10-15 hours per week in the Bridges to Prosperity’s Denver office.
- Some social media monitoring, research, etc., may be done from home.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Subject Line: Communications Internship. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Closing Date: April 1, 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Join Our Team